My previous post in which I highlighted my mistakes during Hyderabad Marathon have still not been achieved completely. Let's have a look.
1. NUTRITION - I have generally read up on this subject a lot and tried it while doing a 26 km run. But still need to test it during my coming longest run of 35 km.
2. REDUCE WEIGHT - I am still the same. DAMN! I blame the delicious Hyderabadi food. No one can resist it. But now I guess it's time to loose atleast 3 kg in last 4 weeks. It's doable but with Christmas and New Year coming....I don't know! But I have become stronger than my previous marathon attempt, nevertheless.
3. ROUTE RECCE - Can't right now because I am in different city. Probably will try to go over the last portion of the route during the Expo day.
4. LONG RUNS - Did a max of 26 km till now. Still a 35 km run is left which I am planning to do on 05 Jan 13. It's two weeks prior to the race day. Giving myself 2 weeks of taper. And I have figured out my pace of these training runs, thanks to http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/. I have realised that I am currently primed to achieve a 4.10 finish.
5. TEMPO RUNS - Now this aspect is the trouble area. These last 4 weeks are devoted to tempo, less of interval and more of hill running( to get stronger).
6. STRONGER CORE - I am relieved about this part. I have worked really hard in this area.
Tickets for Mumbai are done. Accommodation needs to be tied up. Doing a 30 km tomorrow. Hoping to get stronger, faster and lighter by the time I stand on the start line on 20 Jan 13. Preparation for a marathon is no joke. Got to respect the distance. It is equally difficult for the family as the runner is always in energy deficit. Thanks to my understanding wife and ignorant kid, I am able to do what I am doing. It's more of a marathon for them than for me. I swear to take a long break after this one i.e until the next Hyderabad Marathon in Aug or Sept and Banglore Ultra in Nov. That's it.