Yesterday, I read this beautiful quote, which used to be there at my place of work a year back. It goes like this:-
Every morning, when a Deer wakes up, it knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning, when a Lion wakes up, it knows it must outrun the slowest Deer or it will starve to death.
It does not matter whether you are a Lion or a Deer.... when the sun comes up, you better be RUNNING.
I will highlight the reasons as to why I love to run. It may happen that the reasons might motivate you to start running.
1. Stay Fit - There is no denying about the fact that running is the best cardiovascular exercise. It helps keep your heart in a super healthy condition, blood circulation is top form, joints healthy and muscles strength and flexibility intact.
2. Stay Lean - Lean is the new IN. Runners are leaner than others because their fat percentage is lesser and lesser weight means faster running.
3. Clears Clutter - Running helps me in clearing the clutter, in my mind. It works for me. Try it! Whenever you are stressed, go for a run. Running helps you think of a better solution to the problem and helps reduce tension. Running helps release an hormone called Endorphins which creates a sense of euphoria. The bottom line is that I feel happy and strong after every run, good or bad, and feel fresh and relaxed.
4. Patience - I have seen that I have become more patient and calm in my dealings in day to day life. Why? I don't know exactly but I guess, when I am running, I am at peace with myself and have got exclusive time to mull over issues, without any distractions.
5. Discipline - Since the time I have started enjoying running, I have become conscious about when and where to run. I have started managing my time better to accommodate running in my schedule. I have started to eat better while foreseeing my runs.
6. Sleep - My wife says that I have got nothing better to do in life than to eat and sleep. And I know that I can't help it. I sleep off early to get up early in the morning for my run. It is a fact which has been proved by scientist that exercises helps in getting a sound sleep. So, I am sleepier than her!
The benefits I have mentioned above are in addition to the benefits like:-
1. It delays ageing.
2. It prevents bone and muscle loss.
3. It prevents a number of physical and mental health problems.
4. It improves immune system.
5. It improves skin tone and texture.
So, you see that the immense benefits of exercising. So, stop being a lazy bum and get off the couch after reading this post. Wear your joggers and head out to run. Run for a better life and health.