There are things or people on the roads which makes me wonder as to where are we, as a country, headed to. I will just list out the observations or sightings :-
1. One day while running, it was still dark, I thought I saw a big rock in the middle of the road. On closer look, I realised it was a man covered in a blanket, with a small puppy being his best friend.
2. A mad man, I presumed on seeing his antics, pissing in the middle of the main road.
3. Another mad man, shouting in the middle of the road and abusing everybody passing him. I had to go to the other side of the road to avoid him.
4. There's one particular flyover where on the the sides I always find empty bottles of beer or whisky or spent up condoms. Though there are drinking places below that flyover, I wonder how these bottles find their way up.
5. There is a bit of chill in the morning, so naturally people feel cold especially the security guards or the early morning cleaners. Why is that they have to burn rubber or wood or paper or plastic to keep warm? Why can't they just wear some more warm clothes!
6. One day on the side of the road was sitting an old woman. She had a very sad look on her face which I was not able to forget till a couple of kms.
7. A couple sleeping in front of a two wheeler showroom, covered in a single blanket. The guy, obviously having an increased T levels in the morning, was trying to poke his wife. The wife looking irritated with his excitement was slapping him hard. Poor guy can't even get a room because he is, I guess, very poor.
8. The most annoying thing is that people having disregards to vehicular safety i.e two vehicle drivers not wearing helmet. It is an unsaid leeway giving by the administration of Andhra Pradesh to not to wear helmet. How can this be possible? The whole country wears helmet but people in AP are special to not to wear helmets. IT IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. WAKE UP AP GOVT.
9. It's about time that the govt introduce CNG in the state. I literally hold my breath whenever an auto rickshaw crosses me as it is releasing tons of toxic, black fumes from it's backside!
I have tried to telling people to wear helmet at traffic lights or not burn waste or getting their vehicles checked but I get ridiculous answers ranging from better visibility w/o helmet or ONLY TELEGU, NO HINDI. I love my country but also feel ashamed of these ugly issues. I always think about what can I do to help but except bringing up these problems and being an ideal citizen myself, is there anything else I can do?
I need answers. But I can't find it sadly. And the more I read about the current happenings of the country in the papers, the more I feel exasperated. Not everything is bad in the country but somethings are totally out of order which, I believe, is stopping us from progressing.
Any views people!