1. It is not essential for my survival.
2. Waste of time and money.
3. I become a social outcast except smoking with smokers, in some corner away from the gathering.
4. Not good for my health and also for my family's health.
5. Is it worth?
You will be now wondering that the title of the blog and introduction seem to be different. Well, there is a connection. Here is how.Yesterday, I was discussing the issue of weight loss with my wife. I told her about my previous blog on Secret of Weight Loss Revealed. To this, she had a very simple opinion. She said it is all okay to say :-
1. Eat less.
2. Exercise more.
3. Stay active.
4. Avoid eating junk food and etc etc.
However, what we fail to do is that we fail to incorporate healthy habits in our lifestyle. At the beginning of the blog, I highlighted the issues which I thought before stopping smoking and later analysed to find that it holds true for weight loss also and staying away from obesity for the rest of our lives.
How? We have to ask ourselves the following questions :-
1. Is overeating good for health?
2. Is binge eating healthy?
3. Do I need to eat this burger or look for some alternate healthy food or fruit?
4. Do I need to stay awake late at night, unnecessarily?
5. Do I need to watch this TV programme or should I go for a walk outside with my wife or kids or friends.
6. Is exercising bad for me?
7. Are people going to make fun of me if, I get fat?
If you have answered YES to anyone of them and NO to the last one, then YOU NEED NOT READ THIS BLOG ANYMORE. I try and convince myself, everyday, about the above issues and try to choose what is best for me. To be honest, I do falter in making correct decisions sometimes. We need to understand that overweight people are FOOD ADDICTS, just like smokers are DRUG ADDICTS. Just go through my blog entry on Stopping to Smoke, the reasoning is applicable to this problem also. If you want a healthy life, eat to live and not live to eat.
I guess, this has to be the base of motivating yourself and sticking to the plan of weight loss for the rest of your life. Don't think that you are sacrificing food or pleasure. In fact, when you loose that excess lard of your body, you will feel good and confident about yourself. Trust me, you will not die if you don't have that ice-cream or hot-dog or burger or an extra serving or some other junk food. Opt for healthy foods. Enjoy and value your life. It comes only once. Live it to the fullest by staying fit, healthy and active.
This blog entry was my point of view. You may have a different opinion about it. Please feel free and share your thoughts.